MKD has been providing wholesale distribution of kitchen and bath products across the Midwest for 70 years. Additionally, we are one of Michigan’s largest countertop fabricators – offering a wide selection of granite, quartz, solid surface, and laminate products. Our ability to offer all of our services in-house, from fabrication to installation sets us apart from the competition. Our client’s value that we offer a wide variety of products, including countertops, cabinetry, sinks, faucets, and appliances. We are currently seeking a Customer service/scheduler to work our second shift from 3p-11p. Our success lies in the people we hire. We are committed to providing a personal and rewarding experience for every employee in our organization by offering a positive work environment and career advancement by promoting from within. If you define the words ‘Customer Service Excellence’, and are an innovative, service-oriented team player, and meet the following requirements below, we want to talk to you!
Duties & Responsibilities:
It is important to us to create and thrive in a team culture that emphasizes world-class customer service. We are looking for a flexible person who handles stress well. You should be a highly organized individual who can serve as a problem solver, customer hero, and be the hub of communication between contractors, retail partners, managers, and direct customer communication.
- Answering the phone is priority #1
- Be a part of the team, ready to jump in wherever needed.
- Provide world-class customer service to our customers.
- Be a customer service champion, problem-solve issues daily, construction projects usually always have challenges.
- Maintain exceptional working relationships with customers, designers, expediters, contractors, and other staff in order to provide an outstanding customer experience.
- Other tasks to support the overall team as assigned by Manager
- Strong phone communication and customer service skills are paramount. 80% of the day is spent on the phone working with our clients, partners, and contractors. Call volume = approximately 300 calls/day
- Exceptional multi-tasking skills with an ability to prioritize tasks
- Expert in problem resolution (scheduling, routing, material availability, breakage & remakes)
- Self-Directed worker capable of staying on task with minimal supervision
- Excellent written communication and business email skills
- Experience using Outlook and other Microsoft Office programs
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to learn multiple computer programs and proficient typing skills
- Construction background or experience a must
- Background check required
What’s In It For You:
- Pay is $15-18 (with a review at 90 days)
- Paid Vacation and PTO
- Ongoing Professional Development
- The opportunity to work in a true team setting
- The flexibility that comes with working for a family-oriented company