Michigan Kitchen Distributors (“MKD”) is a leading custom countertop manufacturer in the Midwest; we service Michigan, Northern Indiana, and Northern Ohio. MKD is a third-generation, family-owned fabrication and installation service provider with over 70 years of operational experience.
Our business is growing and we are currently recruiting for digital countertop templaters to join our team throughout Michigan and Northern Indiana.
This position will be responsible for accurately measuring and creating templates for countertops using an LT-2D3D digital laser template machine and other tools as needed as well as helping the homeowner make decisions and answering any questions. Paperwork and templates will need to be processed and uploaded to our ERP system, Stone Profits, daily.
- Measure jobs scheduled daily and accurately to ensure templates are sent on time to the shop
- Must complete orders by making notations for all required measurements, polished edges, cutouts plus radiuses in the tops, and any other necessary specification desired by the customer.
- Responsible for setting expectations and educating the customers with industry and service provider guidelines
- Responsible for meeting/exceeding performance standards related to the timely measure, as well as uploading all measure files and photos immediately to company ERP
- Communicate professionally with customers over the phone and in person, to provide necessary information to the customer concerning the templating and installation process and in turn receive the great voice of customer scores
- Communicate offered countertop investment upgrades to ensure the best product is delivered to the customer. Collaborate with Customer Service Project Manager, Installation Manager on topics relevant to the job, workload, and service as needed
- Understand and follow all job site safety rules and regulations
- Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and maintain a clean driving record.
- Strong math skills preferred
- Knowledge of kitchen/ bath remodeling, cabinetry, countertops preferred
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills required
- Attention to detail
- High School diploma or GED is required